ATLAS DEC Alpha User's Group
Distribution list of the
DEC Alpha User's Group.
Here's a summary of the
response to my initial e-mail request for interest in running ATLAS code on
the DEC AXP platform.
The Current Situation:
- Pavel Nevski has provided some advice on how to get started
with the ATLAS code by using ATLSIM.
Pavel suggests . . .
- After three monthes of rather intense debugging Gilbert Poulard, Sasha
Vanyashin, and myself have the latest version, 96_7, of DICE and
on alpha's with OSF V3.2C (I'm not sure of the compatibility with other
- Here are complete, easy, step-by-step instructions
for anyone to install and run/debug
the latest code:
ATLAS Software installation instructions
Please send me any corrections to this document which you discover!
- Sasha Vanyashin
Official ATLAS DEC Unix Code Librarian - has a version of ATLSIM
dated 3-June-1996 available from his web page.
- Fawzi Fares, at Melbourne, has
two versions of SLUG/DICE/ATRECON: 94_12 and 95_3. He's been using the
the 95_3 version (the Technical Proposal version)
extensively and can supply a tar file of his setup.
Fawzi's installation guide
- Keep in mind that these versions of the code
are of the `old Dice' flavor without the new features of the AGE
- David Munday, at Cambridge, and Jim Loken, at Oxford,
also have the 95_3 code running and use it to study
the tracker pattern recognition code (iPatRec).
ATLAS AXP CPU Power:
I asked for some details on people's systems. Summarizing the answers gives a
lower limit on the AXP CPU power at ATLAS disposal:
- DEC AXP 3000/300 - 17 Machines
- DEC AXP 3000/400 - 16 Machines
- DEC AXP 3000/500 - 1 Machine
- DEC AXP 3000/600 - 1 Machine
- DEC AXP 3000/700 - 4 Machines
- DEC AXP 2000 4/200 - 4 Machines with 4 CPUs
- DEC AXP 2000 4/250 - 4 Machines with from 2 to 4 CPUs
- DEC AXP 2100 4/200 - 6 Machines with from 2 to 4 CPUs
- DEC AXP 8400 5/300 - 2 machines with 6 processors, scads of memory...
Jump over to
ATLAS Software Group Doumentation.
Hop back to
Ransom's web page.
Ransom Stephens -